Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Artists: Sand Fibers

I have to admit that I hadn't given a LOT of thought to beaded cuffs.  Beading always seemed a little too Southwest, and a little too much like a "traditional" American craft.  Being the modern gal that I am, I always thought that metal cuffs were more my style, and over the years I have collected my fair share metal bracelets. The problem that I always ran into, though, was to get anything really wide and substantial, it was heavy, and really tended to get in the way with all the things that I like to do with my hands.  And at that point, all the things that I needed to do - like type on the computer, and work at a normal job.

Then a friend introduced me to Carol Dean Sharpe, otherwise known as Sand Fibers. Carol Dean makes fantastically beautiful cuffs - they come in colors if you like, neutrals if you want something a little more subtle, and they're all incredibly lightweight.  They also don't look like traditional beaded cuffs.  Though her methods come from traditional beading, like any good artist, she has really made these pieces her own, and given them a more contemporary sophistication. These are really the most comfortable wrist adornments that I've ever worn.  I can do anything in them, even carry around a little baby, and that says a lot.  You notice your Sand Fibers cuff for its unique beauty, not because it is getting in the way.

So, that said, I am thrilled that we are able to offer six Sand Fibers cuffs exclusively through Alere Modern!    For this holiday season, for the busy lady in your life, go for a Sand Fibers piece.  If you're shopping for me, my personal favorites are the Corrugated Steel cuff and the Dissections Cuff:


But there are more to choose from - go check her out on Alere Modern!



No comments:

Post a Comment