Monday, August 8, 2011

Turning over a new leaf–or making one!

After some serious thought we’ve come to the conclusion that the Alere Modern blog has a place in the blogosphere, and one that you might just find incredibly helpful.

So from today forward, we’re focusing on gifts.  Find them, make them, wrap them, give them and receive them.  After all, what is more special than a thoughtful gift?

I have actually been thinking a lot about gifts and gift giving recently (I started my Christmas shopping last month – Christmas in July!  But gifts in December) and what makes a good gift.  I’ve always been told that I’m good at giving gifts, but have never thought much about why or how that has worked.  I’ll explore the art of gift giving with you all, as well as how to package the gift, and write a card so moving you should enclose a tissue with it.  I’ll also bring you gift ideas, and fun things to make that are easy to give, and good to receive!

I hope you enjoy reading these musings.  I know to a lot of people giving gifts can seem like a chore that they’d rather delegate, but there is some fun to be had.  And, at least in my opinion, the better the gift, the more fun it is to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment