Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Artists: THINKNOW

So here I was all prepared to write a post on my personal musings of art vs. craft, and then I realized - I added another artist just the other day, with some pretty interesting pieces.  I better share THINKNOW with you NOW, I THINK, and then I can share my thoughts with you later.  Because honestly, the thoughts will always be there (and the last post was a musing, too).

Meet THINKNOW, and Rebecca Luong - http://www.aleremodern.com/pages/artist.asp?aid=49  - THINKNOW is a Seattle based jewelry company, and they make their pieces out of none other than recycled paper and wood, sourced locally, with accents of metallic papers that were created by wind energy! I always knew that there was a strong sustainability and eco-consciousness here in the Northwest, but after living here for twenty-some-odd years I thought that the fashion created by this movement was limited to wearing Teva's and socks, and your Northface to the opera (that's a story for another day, but you should not be able to over-dress for an opera, which you very easily can in Seattle).  Never did I dream that someone could create such wonderfully modern and beautiful earrings out of paper!
And I am intentionally only posting the link - you have to go click on it to see what she has to offer.  No sneak peeks!  Rebecca also tells me that she is working on an exclusive piece for Alere, which will be posted to the site this week!

Okay so now that you have been formally introduced to THINKNOW, you can shop their collection of recylced earrings, and I can go back to debating myself on art vs. craft.

g'night
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment