Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring will spring!

It hasn't sprung yet, but I'm convinced that spring will come soon!  Despite the very loud winter storm we had last night, and the 50-ish and rainy day we had today, I've seen the daffodils blooming, and I see the weeds growing (a sure sign it is time to get myself into the garden).  So, the new front page for Alere Modern is spring-inspired.  And a bit birthday inspired, too, since spring is about new life and re-birth.  So thinking spring, here is the new main photo for Alere Modern:


The main photo is one I took last year about this time - maybe mid-March - at Wellspring Spa.  I must have been six months pregnant, and I went up there with my mother, a few aunts, and some of her friends, on a little girls retreat (it was through a wonderful organization called Passages Northwest, who take young girls out into the wilderness).  I woke up early in the morning, and decided to take a walk through the woods around the spa.  I don't think I'd had my camera out to take anything but product photos in years, and I felt absolutely inspired by the morning light passing through the cold leaves.  It was probably 30 degrees out and I was frozen by the time I got back to the cabin, but had some peaceful nature photos to show for it. 


My favorite picture from the entire trip, though, was one I took on the way up.  I stopped at a "scenic lookout" and actually ended up taking photos of the rock wall behind me instead.





It is probably a little hard to see but the center writing says "I'm in <3 with the most beautiful girl in the world."  I think I fell in love with this piece of graffiti because I was pregnant with our baby daughter at the time, who is of course the most beautiful girl in the world in her mother's eyes.

And there you have it. A little bit of my handmade artwork on the front page, and the story behind it.  Also on the front page are pieces from Patrick Irla, Bella-Bijou and Christine Mighion.  Three artists I'm sure any girl would be happy to get a piece from for her birthday!

Off to bed...
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment