Monday, March 7, 2011

In the Garden

Those of you who know me know that I love being outside, love gardening, and most of all, love garden furniture. I would love, more than anything, to find some awesome garden furniture for the site (so if anyone has any ideas...) but in the meantime, I will lust after these beauties:


 
This Bench Chair by Thomas Schnur is amazing.  I am absolutely in love with the clean lines, and the way it looks like the right side of the chair just got smudged into a bench.  It is fabulous.  I realize that white isn't exactly practical for a garden, but in my perfect world, my garden is clean!  

Then there is the Serpentine Chair:
and to fully appreciate this chair you have to go to the website and watch the photos change.  It's just a metal chair with cushions that weave in and out of the arms.  It makes me want to stalk craigslist and the thrift stores and then get out my sewing machine. I've looked for years for attractive cushions for my patio furniture and never thought that the key was just weaving them in and out of the backs of the chairs.

Amazing. Modern handmade is pretty cool, if you ask me.




No comments:

Post a Comment